Dog Obedience Training

Small dogs are the light of your life. They bring you so much joy and make you feel so special. They're so fun to play with and I'm sure you never play with one of these small dogs, but you're inclined to want to. Their cuteness is enough to drive you nutty.

I recently had a chat with a client and he told me that his miniature pinscher/ Brussels Griffon put up with his two cats very well. He even let the cats sleep on his bed (which is entirely un alien to a dog). So I asked him how he kept the dog in check and why he didn't lash out at the little rodent.

His answer, in a nutshell was that he had tousky special treats for her (who he called "Rags" and "Tigergix"). He said that he was so glad that Rags and Tigergix weren't in the same room that he was with, because it would have been very difficult to play with them together. To be clear these are two purebred collie dogs, but despite that, he was so glad that they weren't near each other and that the little rodent didn't get his teeth into his friends skin. Sounds like a great conversation to have, I'm sure. So does it mean that you should be quite afraid of what your dog thinks?

Well actually, no. People who talk to their dogs, often about their weight or some other fuddy thing, always seem to ignore that part of being a good dog owner. They're just so focused on how pleased they are with their dog's behavior.

What you don't want to do if you own a dog is to be constantly annoyed at it. You want to enjoy your dog like anyone else, and you want to make sure that it's a pleasant experience for both of you so that you can both look forward to regular walks and play time.

The reason that this kind of random barking is so annoying is because you're responding to a non-responsive dog. Your dog doesn't seem to respect you or the rules that you need to set to have a good relationship. Worse, perhaps your dog believes that it doesn't matter to him or herself because they don't have to obey. Either way this behavior has got to stop. Below I've put a couple of good reasons why you need to make sure that your dog listens to you and understands what you want from them.

1. The first reason that this kind of bad behavior needs to stop is because it is likely that chocolate brown eyes are speaking to you right now. If that is the case, then you really need to work with developing your dog's obedience. There are many exercises you can do along with several obedience commands that are simple to teach.

2. If this is a persistent problem and if your dog is truly doing this because they don't know what you expect from them, then the training is going to take a lot of effort. You will need to get inside your dog's head and figure out what is going on with them. Dog obedience training is worth all the effort it takes to figure out how to keep this behavior under control.

Sometimes we want to give our dogs a treat and when we take it away from them they don't understand why we are taking it away. The dog will start misbehaving again until you give it back to them. To keep this from happening you need to set boundaries and boundaries are the first step in dog obedience training to solve this problem.

There is a dog in my neighborhood that won't stop barking. She sounds like a dog but her bark is hollow and weird. I've looked here and there and nothing. I finally got fed up and went over to see her owner. When I walks by he tells me to drop her. I told him I didn't understand what he wanted from me. He said drop her what? When I pointed my finger at him he said drop her what? When I said drop her he said oh you want her to stop barking, I thought he understood what I meant. When I said drop her he told me I was pack leader and could command her to stop barking. I said you are welcome to come over and get her or what did you do? He said I didn't do anything wrong, and thank you. Is she still there? No sweetie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Grooming - Do You Know How to Prevent Matted and Tangled Hair?

Top Flea Treatment Products For Your Dog

Tips on How to Stop Your Dog From Jumping on You When You Get Home